Take The Worry Out of Buying a Home in Bennington
Home buying is one of the most important and exciting things you will ever do. Many people purchase a home only once or twice in a lifetime, and making this experience as smooth and easy as possible is one of your Realtor’s® goals. Being sure you are as fully informed and educated about the home buying process as possible, and that you know you have the financial resources to purchase a home, will be key to your success.
- Home buying is not only a big financial commitment, but also an emotional one. It’s critical that the agent you choose is both skilled and a good fit with your personality.
- Remember, there’s no “right” time to buy, any more than there is a right time to sell. If you find a home, don’t try to second-guess the interest rates or the housing market by waiting. Changes don’t usually occur fast enough to make that much of a difference in price, and a good home won’t stay on the market long.
- No house is perfect. Focus on the things that are most important to you and let the minor ones go.
- Don’t try to be a super-negotiator. Negotiation is a part of the real estate process, but trying to “win” by getting an extra-low price may cause you to lose the home you love. A successful negotiation is a win-win for both parties involved.
- Don’t get so caught up in the physical aspects of the house itself—room size, paint color, flooring—that you forget important factors such as amenities, floor plan, location, etc., that will have a big impact on what it will be like to live in your new home.
- Don’t wait until you’ve found a home and made an offer to get approved for a mortgage, investigate insurance availability or consider a schedule for moving. Presenting an offer contingent on a lot of unresolved issues will make your bid much less attractive to sellers.
- Factor in maintenance and repair costs in your post-home buying budget. Even if you buy a new home, there will always be repair and maintenance costs.
Your Realtor® is a critical part of your experience and will guide you through each step of the way, helping to keep you on track and moving forward toward the successful purchase of your new home in the Bennington area!