The number of contracts for pending home sales dropped after a flurry to get in on the first-time home buyer tax credit. Indicators based on those contracts fell 16.0 % – but the drop was expected. Lawrence Yun, chief economist for the NAR, says, “We expect another surge in the spring as more home buyers take advantage of affordable housing conditions before the tax credit expires.”
What does that mean for Bennington, Vermont home buyers? Low mortgage rates will start to creep up – so call Troy Richardson today to start viewing Bennington VT real estate!
Five Ways to Shine in the Bennington, Vermont Real Estate Market.
• Think inside the box – add liveable space by improving an attic or basement.
• Look outside – add a deck to increase living space.
• The window to your sale – energy-efficient windows are a thumb-up for savvy buyers.
• The prize is behind door replacement – especially an entry door. That first look counts.
• Cook up a contract – replace ancient kitchen appliances with mid-level, energy saving new ones.